We at Legal Translation EIKODO regard ensuring the safety of our customers’ personal information, the implementation of appropriate management and the unfailing provision of optimum services to meet customer needs to be our most important missions.
Personal information is used by Legal Translation EIKODO solely for the purpose of provision of translated products and certified translation services provided by our translation office.
We manage personal information entrusted to us in an appropriate and safe manner until completion of product delivery. Within the scope of usage for customers requiring re-issue of official translations, translation documents may be retained for the prescribed period of time under lock and key in a location that is safe from the standpoint of information management.
- Organization of systems, devices, etc., to ensure security and setting of passwords
- Ensuring structure of responsibility within the translation office (Management through access only by the Personal Information Protection Administrator)
Personal Information Protection Administrator (Person authorized for access): Masashi KATO
- Duration of storage of translation documents: One year and six months
- All other personal information is deleted or destroyed after delivery of translated products and certified translation documents.
- Re-issue of certified translation documents
- Partial proofreading of certified translation documents after updating of manuscripts
- Service using stored data for acquisition of notarization only by entities such as NAATI, embassies, or by Apostille authentication
NOTE 1: In cases where requests for the re-issue of certified translations are received after the period of storage of the relevant translation documents has expired, the normal translation fee will be charged since all the necessary data will have been deleted.
NOTE 2: Since all personal information of customers not planning to request re-issue of certified translations will be deleted or destroyed after completion of delivery of the product, please be sure to inform staff of your intentions regarding re-issue when placing your order.
With the following exceptions, personal information will be neither disclosed nor provided to third parties.
- Copies of translation documents provided to entities such as the Philippine or Singapore embassies for acquisition of certification (For retention by said embassies)
- Documents rendered in English provided to the Singapore Embassy to clarify the purpose of usage of translation certification (e.g. Letters to the Singapore Ambassador)
- POA provided to the Australian Embassy for acquisition of certification exemplar
- Slips for transportation company produced for product delivery